Thursday, February 09, 2006

NEPA in Beantown

I'm off to the annual convention of the New England Press Association at the Park Plaza Hotel in Boston, Mass. Should be groovy.

I'll have a report on that after I get back on Saturday. My main interest in going, aside from shooting the breeze with other journalists and editors, is the chance to take several workshops and come back to Stowe with some spiffy new ideas on reporting. Among the workshops I'll be checking out:

• Tell me a story: Effective writing techniques

• Municipal finance for dummies

• Court records: Online access and beyond

• Religion, culture and politics

• Reporting in the era of blogs and hyperpartisanship

That last one should be interesting. I'm curious to find out how many reporters and editors write blogs associated with their newspapers. I bet at least a third do. Anyway, stayed tuned for the lowdown. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat.

— Scott Monroe

1 Comments:

Blogger cresmer said...

I'm on the edge of my seat.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home